7. Grasp Sparrow’s Tail, Ward Off, Roll Back, Push Forward (left side)
- These movements are a simulation of practice with an imaginary opponent doing push hands.
- From the chi ball position, Tai Chi empty step with the left foot, followed by extending the left arm forward, palm towards our body. The right palm pushes down close to the hip area.
- Roll back left the arms.
- Press forward, the right palm supports the left palm
- As we straighten the arms, we shift our weight on the back leg, and roll back followed by a push forward with both palms.